
This is my first time participating in Works-for-Me Wednesday . Here is my tip:
If you want to take an apple to work or school that has been cut and keep it from turning brown... here is what you do. Take your apple slicer/corer and cut your apple. Put it back together as it was and put a rubber band around it to keep it together. Since the flesh is not exposed to air, it will not turn brown. Remove the rubber band, eat, and enjoy!! (Just remember... don't eat the core!!)
For more wonderful tips, click HERE.


7 comments:
What a great idea. My boys love apples but won't touch them if they turn brown. Thanks!
I just recently got one of those apple corers and use it all the time. This is a great idea for my girls' lunches. Thanks! Sweet picture on the top of your blog, by the way.
Sounds like a fabulous idea! I can't wait to try it as apple season is nearly here!!!
That is a great tip! My kids are very picky about eating brown apples!
Great idea! I wonder if it works for pears? I'll have to try today.
Thanks,
Flowerpot
www.made-new.blogspot.com
I bought a cheap empty spray bottle in the travel bottle section and filled it w/ lemon juice-I mist the slices w/ lemon juice and this keeps them from turning brown, too, if you just want to include a few slices :)
I can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment