
What a day it has been... Today a wonderful woman was laid to rest. Mrs. Libby Jerrolds was my high school guidance counselor. She was an amazing woman. She was diagnosed with cancer last fall. Tears are falling as I type this. Words just cannot express what a wonderful woman she was.
I could go to her for anything and she was always there. I would stop by her office during class changes just to say "Hello." We would get to talking and lose track of time and the next thing we knew... we would hear the bell ringing. So of course, she would write me a note for being late to class. :) She is the reason that I went to college to be a counselor myself. She helped me through so many things during my high school years. After I graduated, I would go by and see her as often I could.
She of course was at my graduation and my prom. She was at my wedding. I went to the school to let her know when I found out I was pregnant. She came to see my daughter when she was born. Wow... she has been there for all of the 'BIG' events in my life.
The services were wonderful. They mentioned these three special words:
Live ~ Laugh ~ Love
These three words describe Mrs. Libby the best. No matter what, she always lived life to the fullest. Even after she was diagnosed with cancer, she was unstoppable. She was always laughing. I don't know that I EVER saw her without a smile on her face. Even through the cancer, she still had a smile. Love... what can I say about this one. She loved her family, friends, and students more than anything. And we loved her.
I cannot tell you what a blessing it is for me to have known her for as long as I did. She was my rock during high school. I give her a lot of credit for helping me become the person that I am today. I think it is impossible to count the number of lives that she has touched. You can read her obituary here.
Mrs. Libby, you will be forever remembered. Thank you for everything that you did for me. You will always be in my heart. I love you!!


5 comments:
This was real sweet. I know you could not have written it without crying. At least she is not in anymore pain. Love ya Honey!!
She was clearly a beautiful woman outside, and your honorable tribute expresses what a beautiful womans she was inside. I'm sure she leaves behind a great legacy.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. :-(
Oh almost made me cry reading your words. I am sorry for your loss!
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a tremendous legacy, though. I can't imagine how many lives she touched.
Hugs to you and all who are mourning.
Kelly, I've already posted here, but I don't know your e-mail address, and I wanted to thank your comment on my blog and your prayers for my niece's fiancee', Rich. Thank you!!!
Post a Comment