Monday, April 28, 2008
Sick Baby
As I am writing this... I have tears in my eyes. This is the first time in almost one year that Addie has run a fever. She wasn't sleeping well during the night. Tony and I were alternating getting up every 20 minutes or so to give her the paci and settle her back down. We had decided that something wasn't right... so the next time she woke up, we uncovered her and changed her diaper. And she felt very warm. I checked her temp and was totally frightened to see that it was 102.7. I immediately called my mother. I gave her Tylenol and then called the doctor. He said to continue giving her medicine and fluids and to come see him in the morning. He said at this point it wasn't necessary to take her to the ER. I am still scared. It has been almost 1 1/2 hours since the medicine. I checked her temp after one hour and it was down to 100.8. She is asleep in the bed with Tony. (She doesn't sleep in the bed with us, however, under these circumstances, I wouldn't have it any other way) She was so tired from not resting well. She normally can't be still... but before she went to sleep, she was just laying there not moving at all. She has even been letting us put a cold rag on her head. And if you know Addie... she can't stand to have her face to be messed with. It normally makes her very mad. So that tells me that she is a very sick little girl. Of course, I can't even close my eyes for a second because I am so worried about her. Hopefully I will be able to get some rest tomorrow after we take her to the doctor. I don't think I am even going to call and make an appt. I think we will just get there and be waiting at 8:00. Until now... I have never understood the pain that I would feel when this happened for the first time. Don't get me wrong... I worry about her all the time... but I have never felt like this before. It makes me sick at my stomach to know that she is so sick. Well... I am going to go lay back down, and hopefully rest my eyes for a little bit. Please be in prayer for us and especially my sick baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
i hope she feels better today. i know how it is, not being able to do anything. i hate it when olivia gets sick. :(
Honey, Addie will be fine. The best advice I got when you were first born. I ask Hette "Do you ever stop worrying about them"? and she said"No, You just get used to it". She has been healthy her whole first year, now it is time for her 1st Birthday and she gets sick. I know it is easy to say Don't worry, but when you are looking into those glassy little eyes it breaks your heart. I have been there and it is not a happy place. But be thankful for her good health. Every baby is going to get sick at some point. Love you honey and call me if you need me....
Oh, honey, I'm sorry! How's she doing??
Post a Comment