Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Good Book

Well... I finally finished the book I was reading. I normally don't like to read, but here lately, I have been enjoying it more and more. I was reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It was a really good book. It is about one woman's search for everything across Italy, India, and Indonesia. Gilbert set out on a journey to examine three different aspects of her nature, set against the backdrop of three different cultures: pleasure in Italy (eating and fun), devotion in India (prayer), and on the Indonesian island of Bali, a balance between worldly enjoyment and divine transcendence (finding love). I originally saw her on Oprah. Oprah said that everywhere she went she saw people reading this book. So I told myself... if it's really that good then I might enjoy it too. It is well worth reading. Today I have already started a new book... "90 Minutes in Heaven". I have read through chapter 3 already and it is EXCELLENT. It is already a MUST read for everyone. So check it out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe my baby has finally learned to enjoy reading. I wish I had the time to read like I used to. Love ya honey..