Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Aggravated!!

I am so aggravated!! I had Addie a shirt airbrushed for her to wear at her party Saturday (it matches the theme of the party). I picked it up yesterday and it is so cute. However... after looking at it more closely, I noticed that it was yellowed along the seams and on the shoulders. I know that when a shirt is airbrushed, it has to be heat set so the colors will not fade when it is washed. I assume that is what happened. It appears to be "scorched". So, I put it in the wash first thing this morning to see if I could get it out. And of course, knowing my luck...it did not come out. I called to let him know and he told me he would fix it. So, I had to get ready as fast as lightening so I could take it to him. After he looked at it, he said that the shirt must have yellowed while it was hanging in the window (before he airbrushed it). But what do I know... I don't care what the cause is... I just want it fixed. He is going to airbrush a totally new shirt and he said that I can pick it up tomorrow after 12. It makes me so angry because I am on a time crunch since her party is in 4 days. I have a lot of other things to do instead of making sure that other people fix their mistakes.

Anyway... while I was in town I went ahead and accomplished another task that I have been needing to do. We have a lady's group at church called "Secret Pals" and we have just started the new year of giving. We are doing it different this year. We have to get a certain gift every other month. Such as a tea cup and saucer, cookbooks, ornaments later in the year, ect. The first thing is a tea cup... so I went to a local antique shop and found the perfect one. It is beautiful.

Well, I think Addie is waking up from her nap. So I better go.

No comments: