Friday, September 12, 2008

We Survived!!

Today was Addie's first day at daycare...And WE survived!! She did great!! She didn't cry one time!! I cried until lunch time. She was 16 months old yesterday and I haven't been away from her for more than a few hours at a time. So, I was not ready for this in any way. On with the story ...We dropped her off at 8:30. She sat down in her chair like a big girl and ate a jelly and biscuit. She ate lunch good and even took a nap. We have got into the habit of holding her until she falls asleep and then we lay her down. But today... like a big girl, she laid down and her teacher rubbed her head for less than 5 minutes and she was out like a light. She slept for 2 hours. WOW!!! They had a special thing for the grandparents at 2:30 this afternoon. So we all went and cookies and lemonade. After that we, brought her home. She fussed when we had to leave. I am so proud of her!! She did so well. She is going back on Monday. She will only go 2 days a week. I hope I do better Monday.

I will post a picture tomorrow. So stay tuned!

5 comments:

Renna said...

Kelly, I feel for you. I still remember how hard it was for me when I dropped off my dd at Mommy's Day Out when she was a tot. After I began to realize how much fun she was having, I began to enjoy those few hours to myself and have fun, too! ;-)

Anonymous said...

It will get easier, for both of you! I am always that mom in tears too.

Montreal Mama said...

Email me at graphicdesignchick at hotmail dot com with your email address so I can respond to your comments. I don't have your email.

THANKS!

Rebecca Jo said...

I think its always harder on the parents than the kids!!!

Amelah said...

Hopefully you will get better at her being at day care ;P lol